How close is the beach?
It is an easy 5 minute walk to the beach. With 3.5 miles of wide sandy beaches, you can build sand castles, collect sea shells, surf, and play ball. We provide beach towels, chairs, umbrella, ice chest, and boogie boards. And if the sand isn’t calling your name, our 3 rd floor deck is a wonderful place to relax and look out to the ocean. We have a bar-height fire-pit table with seating to aide in enjoying the view.
What fun activities do you recommend?
- Go to the pier – the longest wooden pier on the West Coast is a 1,954 feet long stroll to the end and you can fish off the pier (fishing license not required to fish off the pier and we have some fishing poles).
- Thursday evenings bring the Sunset Market – an open air street festival just a few blocks down Tremont from us.
- Visit the Harbor – seasonal whale watching and/or fishing charters take you out to sea.
- Visit the California Surf Museum – where you will see the largest collection of surf memorabilia in So. California.
- Visit Mission San Luis Rey – the historic “King of Missions” offers guided tours.
- Visit the Buena Vista Audubon Nature Center & Museum – a great place for bird watching.
- Visit the Regal Multiplex Theater – watch first-run movies.
- Adventure Seeker? - The Oceanside Municiple Airport offers sky diving lessons.
- Geocacher? - We have some cool ones for you to find.
- Want to eat out? There are plenty of good restaurants to try. Check out Yelp reviews or ask me for my favorites.
Our home is the perfect base for enjoying all the tourist attractions in So. California.
Legoland and the Carlsbad Premium Shopping Outlet are about a 10 minute drive south; travel north about 45 minutes to reach Disneyland, California Adventure, Knotts Berry Farm, or South Coast Plaza (the shopping mecca of Orange Co) and travel south about 35-45 minutes to visit Sea World, Balboa Park museums, and the San Diego Zoo. Our Oceanside Visitor’s Center has discount coupons to many of these locations.
Like wine and/or olive oil? The Temecula Valley is home to several wineries and an olive oil ranch - less than an hour drive northeast of us.
Like golfing? – Arrowood, La Costa, and Aviara courses are within a 25 minute drive.
How long have you owned Tremont Villa?
Established in 2006, Tremont Villa is jointly owned by the Nakashima and Bateman families. We live about 40 miles north of Oceanside and look forward to visiting our beach house whenever we can.
After hosting hundreds of guests from around the world experience a wonderful vacation, my deepest hope is that we'll be able to help you do the same.
Live in the Sunshine, Swim the Sea, Drink the Wild Air. ~R.W. Emerson